- The transparently vacuous and nonsensical excuses given by the UCKG for not attending the public meeting
- Councillor Macklin's forthright condemnation of the Council's decisions throughout the EMD and Arcade saga, followed by the recollection [by other people] that he was party to those decisions and didn't ever oppose them.
- Councillor Wheeler's rambling riposte, in which he appeared to support pretty much everyone, especially if they want a swimming pool in the town centre and a running track in the sky above it.
The meeting concluded with votes on 4 key issues;
- Would the community prefer a revived EMD to a new multiplex - 100% in favour
- Do the community wish to proceed with the UCKG plan for shared use - 100% against
- Should the council pursue a Compulsory Purchase Order, and take control of the EMD building - 100% in favour
- Should the council agree a land swap with the UCKG; exchanging the EMD for facilities elsewhere - 90% in favour and 10% against